Saturday, 13 May 2017
Saturday, 29 April 2017
Tuesday, 25 April 2017
- 2012: Earned my wings (private pilots license)
- 2015: Traveled to, stepped foot on and went bivvy camping on Antarctica
- 2015: Solo 5400kms expedition/drive through the Patagonian Andes
- 2010: Trekked the Mt Everest basecamp (EBC) trek- Chomolungma (Mother Goddess of the world)
- 2015: Build and still use a true 4WD Expedition Camper van
- 2005: Climbed a large mountain (alpine climbing) in Alaska
- 2013: Went to Fiji and island hopped for 24 days
- 2005: Solo drive the Alaska Highway 3860 miles in WINTER from Seattle to Anchorage under the Northern Lights
- 2001: Solo 2600 mile drive across the continental USA
- 2001: Skied at the birthplace of downhill skiing in Davos, Switzerland.
I am now working on my next bucket list. I am in my mid-40s and feeling like I am 25 or 30 still! I hope this blog post can inspire others to keep dreaming and working towards their dreams!
|Col Norman D. Vaughan - RIP|
My lifelong hero: Col. Norman D. Vaughan
Saturday, 8 April 2017
Sunday, 26 March 2017
27/3/2017 - Sandblasting, galvinising and powder coating along side new UHF radio & LED HD lights (Part I)
Even though I already have a really nice portable, waterproof/submersible, UHF 5 watt radio/GPS receiver and a nice 4000 lumen LED bar on my van's bull bar, I wanted more lights and a real CB style radio. So I ordered the following items as such and took my van to a 4WD specialist here in Sydney.
Additionally, for a while now I have been wanting some work powder coating work done on my van. Namely I
wanted to get the growing rush problem off my rear ladder, bull
bar/engine bash plate and my snorkel. You see when this custom work was originally done, I didn't have the budget for powdering so I went with standard painting. I guess living on the ocean I paid the price with rust! Anyway check out the rust on this baby!
This is just part 1 of this post because part II will be when its finished and looking all flash! This is going to take some time to get this all sorted, so please do keep tuned in for more!
|AE4703 UHF h/D Radome Antenna, 6.6 dBi|
|My new CV radio - GME TX3100DP Super Compact UHF|
|My bull bar alone removed from the front and underside of the van|
|This was just added - a platform for my new lights and an antenna holder.|
|My bull bar, bash plate, rear ladder and snorkel all ready to get fixed up nice!|
Monday, 13 March 2017
Saturday, 23 July 2016
The mountain was shut all weekend due to heavy rain, gale winds and overall crap weather. Yes, so I wanted to take the van up to mountain skiing, but oh well. Rather I pulled out my .308 rifle and went to the range on a rather windy, gusty day. It made for some challenging target shooting that's for sure. The great snow base we had until Friday afternoon, was good. Now? Unsure! :(
|I love sharp shooting.. It teaches concentration and patience|
|Borrowing the range sighting scope, but the wind made it wobbly @ 60x|
|My 420van takes me everywhere fun!|
|pew pew pew...|
I brought up two 1L water filled plastic bottles for fun. I destroyed them with 1 shot each. I forgot to record it on video, oh well next time I promise as I know that sort of stuff looks great at 10% speed playback. Cheers!